Join BlockStart’s 3rd Demo Day on 24 February, 3pm CET, to find out what 6 of Europe’s most promising blockchain startups have been working in the last months
On 24 February, 3pm CET (Brussels time), the top 6 startups from BlockStart’s second acceleration programme will present their MVPs and the pilots they have implemented in end-user SMEs:
- AgeVolt (Bratislava, Slovakia): established in 2019, AgeVolt’s mission is to develop a comprehensive Electric Vehicle charging digital ecosystem, making charging convenient, accessible whilst optimising energy distribution. Loyalty Token solution provides a unique functionality to the blockchain based digital platform. It provides additional value for customers (EV charging point owners) and their employees in the Hospitality, Retail, Travel & Leisure sectors.
- BlockTac (Matadepera, Spain): established in 2018, BlockTac provides an autonomous Single Board Controller that collects information directly from IoT sensors or machines, encrypts the data, and stores it in a public Blockchain. The information becomes trusted and traceable, impossible to change, truly linked to its source. Privacy is fully protected, and potential scammers are immediately identified.
- Comunitaria (Sevilla, Spain): established in 2018, Comunitaria promotes local commerce by creating a shared self-consumption network where local businesses purchase solar energy produced by nearby neighbours. These neighbours receive payment for their electricity production in the form of a digital currency that they use to buy from the local businesses to which they have sold the electricity.
- Digital Village (Paris, France): established in 2020, Digital Village (DV) is a recomposition of social media, gaming, and e-commerce. DV is the first real-time sustainable Multiplayer Metaverse connected to its Social Marketplace, which merges the physical and digital world with its social graph blockchain interface, Village Protocol, and allows real utility of digital assets.
- BlockFrauds – a Fardoe Software business (London, United Kingdom): established in 2019, BlockFrauds, a Fardoe Software business, helps insurers detect fraud more efficiently and effectively through advanced speech and image analytics. They use a private, permissioned blockchain akin to a Fraud Bureau, to enable compliant and seamless sharing of intelligence so that fraudsters, fraud flags and double-dip claims are more easily detected and the AI learns from that wider intelligence pool.
- Hopu (Murcia, Spain): established in 2014, HOPU provides an emissions monitoring system for the industry, conceived as a Policy Based Solution (PBF) via Blockchain, certified IoT for indoor air quality monitoring, other heterogeneous data sources and visualization tools. Authentication and authorization of carbon emissions are handled through PBF, enabling trustable and reliable data.
But that is not all…
In addition to the pitch presentations, participants will get the opportunity to learn from the personal experience of Sabine Brink, Blockchain CoE lead at Shell. Sabine will share how Blockchain can accelerate the Energy Transition.
Join BlockStart’s online 3rd Demo Day to exchange views and get to know our startups. It will be their time to shine, but also your opportunity to get in touch with these promising blockchain-based solutions.
15:00 – 15:05 | Welcome –Inês Melo e Faro, F6S
15:05 – 15:15 | Backing visionary entrepreneurs| Erik Hengmith, EISMEA, European Commission
15:15 – 15:25 | Takeaways from BlockStart accelerator | João Fernandes, Bright Pixel
15:25 – 16:10 | How can Blockchain accelerate the Energy Transition? | Sabine Brink, Shell
16:10 – 16:42 | Blockchain startups pitch | AgeVolt, BlockFrauds
16h42 – 16h52 | Break
16:52 – 17:56 | Blockchain startups pitch | BlockTac, Comunitaria, Digital Village, HOPU
17:56 – 18:00 | Wrap-up | João Fernandes, Bright Pixel
The Demo Day is free of charge, but registration is mandatory
For more information, please visit https://www.blockstart.eu/demo-day-3/