Files.fm will test and validate the following blockchain-based solution in the scope of BlockStart:
We empower creators to monetize their original content by helping them sell and market their content – photos, videos, music, books and docs, by offering ready-made customizable file stores that have more and better features (tailored for file-content sales) and lets sellers receive up to 2x more earnings than competition. Zero barriers to start selling and protecting their content.
- creators keep 90% of the revenue. Rest: 5% goes to payment fees, 5% to platform.
- have full control over content, pricing and licensing terms
- integrated card and crypto payments
- blockchain micropayments with lower transaction costs
- Can use Files.fm ERC-20 blockchain tokens to have permanent server storage
- content embedding integrations and API provided
- hybrid fog computing model: Peer-to-Peer torrent protocol integration for popular content distribution
Our mission is to create a platform that gives access and preserves useful files for current and future generations. We would like to create a massive, community powered, decentralized platform, where users, websites and communities can store useful files. P2P layer usage in browsers offloads data-center facilities and allows dynamical scaling based on natural user request volume, saving computational resources.
Users can use the platform via any modern internet browser and they will become instant fog edge nodes. Users can select the files they are interested in and open a file’s web-view where they can use the file online, i.e., view/listen/read, download, read descriptions, comments and other metadata, as well as see related content suggestions. If a file is listed as paid content the user can buy it and do these actions afterwards.